Achieve toned midriff with right food, exercisePublished On: Wed, Jul 9th, 2014 | Fitness/Sports Medicine | By BioNews
Celebrities always inspire the commoners with their flat, toned stomachs. One can achieve that perfect midriff if one follows right exercise regime and diet, says an expert.
Personal trainer and outdoor fitness expert Rob Jones shares five tips to achieve the toned stomach, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
* It’s not all about sit-ups: Sit-ups and ab crunches work your six-pack. But for better defined abs, spend the majority of your workout on exercises that burn more calories and shift body fat.
* Be consistent: Dedicate time every day to focus on your training and make abs an integral part of each and every workout.
* Hone your diet: You eat your way to a six pack, so watch what you munch and focus on foods and sports supplements high in protein that help muscle growth and keep body fat low.
* Vary your workouts: Vary your ab workouts daily to work the different muscles that run across that area of the body for the perfect balance.
* Core and more: Include both isometric exercises (holding exercises such as a plank or side plank) with dynamic exercises (where you contract the muscles such as an ab crunch) in every workout.