40 children fall ill after eating ice-cream in Bihar village
Saturday 21 October, 2017

40 children fall ill after eating ice-cream in Bihar village

Published On: Sat, Apr 19th, 2014 | Indian Health | By BioNews

As many as 40 children fell ill Saturday after eating ice-cream in a village in Bihar’s Supaul district, officials said. Around half a dozen were admitted to hospital as their condition worsened while the others were discharged after initial treatment.

The incident took place at Vishnupur village under Pipra police station in Supaul, said district health official Mukesh Kumar, a district health official said.

According to police officials, the children, mostly minors, complained of stomach pains and started vomiting after eating ice-cream.

The sick were taken to a primary health centre and discharged after initial treatment, except half a dozen who were admitted to Sadar hospital for treatment after their condition deteriorated, Kumar said.

“It is a clear case of food poisoning,” he said.

Last month, eight children fell ill after eating ice-cream in a village in Saran district.

Last July, 23 children lost their lives after consuming a mid-day meal cooked in contaminated oil at the government primary school in Dharmasati Gandawan village of Saran district.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

More from Indian Health
  • Himachal to install modern warning systems near Beas
  • Biotech clusters to be scaled up
  • Ban on sale of loose cigarettes soon in Himachal
  • Plea submitted to ban animal-tested cosmetics’ import
  • SC extends second round of counselling for medical admissions